Monday, March 24, 2008

Will the REAL Reason please stand up

Was just reading Yuzhen's blog just now when I read something that really touched my heart.

When Jesus saw Peter who betrayed Him, He asked him 3 questions and gave him 3 instructions in his reply:

John 21: 15-17
15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”

16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”

17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.

Do you love Jesus? If your answer is yes, then Jesus is telling you to do the same 3 things that He told Peter.

Why do we do the things that we are doing now? Even though most of the time our "ministry" seems to be a thankless task, so difficult with the many different kinds of people that we deal with and maybe unappreciated. BUT at the end of the day, it's not really a "ministry". It's just something I do cos... I LOVE JESUS!

*Thank You for giving up everything so that I can live*

0 comments: